Share This On:
In the girls division, former primary school girls champion, Zarianne Anthony (now at St Joseph’s Convent) won all her preliminary matches in straight sets. Current primary school champ, Angelique Richardson of Grande Riviere Primary, also won her preliminary matches in straight sets, as did her schoolmate, Giselle McGowan.
Round robin matches were played to determine the first, second and third place. Giselle beat Angelique 11-9, 11-8. Zarianne defeated Angelique 11-1, 9-11,11-5, and then overcame Giselle 11-6, 11-9.
The boys division saw Independence Day U11 and U13 champion Jelanie Desauzay cruising his way to the final. Izik Narcisse, a student at Castries Comprehensive, also earned a spot in the final, where he promptly stunned Jelanie to win the first set 12-10. Jelanie, though, composed himself and stamped his dominance to win the next two games 11-4, 11-3. This is his second U13 title for 2016.
D’andre Calderon, a student at Grande Riviere Primary, did extremely well to capture the third place.
More Sports Stories
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019
- SUPER50: Centurions Bravo, Solozano crush Volcanoes November 8, 2019
- SUPER50: Debutante Savory leads Guyana Jaguars to tight win November 8, 2019
- Super50: Pride take the sting out of Scorpions November 8, 2019
- Jamaican Olympic sprinter Michael Fray dies in apparent suicide November 7, 2019