Share This On:
(SNO) – Zaine Pierre and Tremain Shane Paul are set for a return to the Saint Lucia national team this week, as a 16-man squad was named today (Sept. 3) by the Saint Lucia Football Association Inc. to play Antigua and Barbuda in the Concacaf Nations League on September 7.
Saint Lucia’s last meeting with the Benna Boys was an ejection-riddled 1-4 World Cup Qualifying loss in June 2015, overturning Saint Lucia’s 3-1 win in the home leg.
Tremain Paul played little part in that fixture, his last FIFA-sanctioned match, as the now 27-year-old Micoud-born attacking midfielder was substituted after just five minutes.
Meanwhile, Dennery-born 24-year-old Zaine Pierre has not played for Saint Lucia in an official match in over half a decade. A midfielder, Pierre has played for Trinidadian club W Connection, Italian club Genoa, and Croatian club NK Novigrad.
Other players who were involved in that last encounter with Antigua and Barbuda include English-based right back Melanius Mullarkey, W Connection left back Kurt Frederick, Vida La Ceiba (Honduras) central midfielder Shervon Malik St. Prix, and right-sided Morvant Caledonia United midfielder Lester Joseph.
Giovanni Deterville did not get off the bench in 2015, but himself and Leon Alexander are chosen as the two goalkeepers for this Friday’s matchup.
Otev Lawrence, aged just 21, plays in the W Connection defence alongside Kurt Frederick. Another defender, Pernal Williams, plays in Martinique for Aiglon du Lamentin. Aged just 20, Melvin Doxilly plays as a defender with Caledonia in Trinidad and Tobago.
The team also comprises Gregson President, Andrus Remy, Jarvic McFarlane, Zaccheus Simon, and Alvinus Myers.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM