Share This On:
(SNO) – Zaine Pierre and Tremain Shane Paul are set for a return to the Saint Lucia national team this week, as a 16-man squad was named today (Sept. 3) by the Saint Lucia Football Association Inc. to play Antigua and Barbuda in the Concacaf Nations League on September 7.
Saint Lucia’s last meeting with the Benna Boys was an ejection-riddled 1-4 World Cup Qualifying loss in June 2015, overturning Saint Lucia’s 3-1 win in the home leg.
Tremain Paul played little part in that fixture, his last FIFA-sanctioned match, as the now 27-year-old Micoud-born attacking midfielder was substituted after just five minutes.
Meanwhile, Dennery-born 24-year-old Zaine Pierre has not played for Saint Lucia in an official match in over half a decade. A midfielder, Pierre has played for Trinidadian club W Connection, Italian club Genoa, and Croatian club NK Novigrad.
Other players who were involved in that last encounter with Antigua and Barbuda include English-based right back Melanius Mullarkey, W Connection left back Kurt Frederick, Vida La Ceiba (Honduras) central midfielder Shervon Malik St. Prix, and right-sided Morvant Caledonia United midfielder Lester Joseph.
Giovanni Deterville did not get off the bench in 2015, but himself and Leon Alexander are chosen as the two goalkeepers for this Friday’s matchup.
Otev Lawrence, aged just 21, plays in the W Connection defence alongside Kurt Frederick. Another defender, Pernal Williams, plays in Martinique for Aiglon du Lamentin. Aged just 20, Melvin Doxilly plays as a defender with Caledonia in Trinidad and Tobago.
The team also comprises Gregson President, Andrus Remy, Jarvic McFarlane, Zaccheus Simon, and Alvinus Myers.
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM