Share This On:
An investigation has been launched into a recent row between Director of Information Services at the Government Information Service (GIS) Clement Wulf-Soulage and Journalist Shervon Alfred.
In a viral video, Wulf-Soulage is seen acting aggressively toward Alfred who was recording him from a cellphone camera during a social gathering.
In the video, Wulf-Soulage made an outburst filled with profanity and threats toward Alfred and attempted to attack the journalist as he kept on filming him. Alfred subsequently made a report to the police.
Since the video surfaced, some have suggested that Wulf-Soulage’s employment should be terminated due to his behaviour. Others have opined that he was provoked by the journalist and is not to receive all the blame for the incident.
Speaking to the media on Sunday, Minister Responsible for Information and Broadcasting, Dominic Fedee, said that an announcement will be made on the matter shortly.
“Well that matter is still under investigation and I don’t want to say anything that will preempt those discussions or that process so I think that the young man… I think personally, perhaps on reflection, may have regretted what happened and I think that’s all I will say for now. I’m sure that we will have another announcement on it shortly,” he said.
It was alleged that the week following the incident Wulf-Soulage did not report to work which raised speculation that he was on administrative leave.
When asked whether this was true, Fedee said, “I would have to check with the public service department that would handle the human resource issues… I just got back to the island yesterday so I haven’t really had the briefing yet. I’m supposed to get a briefing… I really don’t have all the details to be quite honest.”
Fedee indicated that he would have a more informed response following the next Cabinet briefing.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM