Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – On January 13, 2017, leaked pornographic material, purportedly of a Cabinet minister, went viral.
It was shocking! Almost two years have passed. Alas, the populace continues to clamor with rage. Evidence of unscrupulous conduct, is stuck in their hippocampus.
Immoral acts, by persons in positions of power, is corruption – by definition. For decades, corrupt politicians have escaped prosecution, thanks to feeble anti-corruption legislation. This scandal can be compared with no other. There are x-rated photos and unbecoming social media convos, bearing the face and name of a government minister, all over St. Lucia. The ensuing public outcries cannot be labeled party political or hysterical. Someone is obliged to account.
Dear Honorable Minister, the people you serve, deserve an explanation or an apology. Be encouraged Sir, that it is never too late, to say, “please forgive me”, or, “I am sorry”. It benefits no one, to appear wrong and strong. To be magnanimous, to accept correction, is to be a man. Our children, St. Lucia’s future generations, need leaders who are role models – shining examples, of humility, dignity and honor.
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- Saint Lucia’s chief elections officer heads CARICOM observer mission to St. Kitts-Nevis
- Government removes controversial Tourism Levy Act from order paper
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Justin Trudeau and Allen Chastanet discuss COVID-19
- SLP calls for collaboration to reverse ECCAA downgrade
- UWP commends Saint Lucia government for delivering
- Labour Day address to the nation by Hon Stephenson King