Share This On:
But according to a new report, visitors to the island are being duped and unknowingly eating dog meat that they think is chicken.
Animal protection organisation Animals Australia recently conducted an investigation into the matter, entitled “Bali’s hidden meat trade – and its disturbing connection to Australian tourism.”
They found that every day, dogs – including pets – are being taken off the streets of Bali and killed, often brutally, to be sold as meat to tourists.
“Dumped in bamboo crates or plastic rice sacks, terrified dogs await the nightly slaughter with legs tied and mouths taped shut,” Animals Australia say.
“They may languish like this for hours or days without food or water. One by one they will be brutally slaughtered in full view of their companions.
“And business is booming. Year on year, seven times more dogs are slaughtered in Bali than in China’s notorious Yulin Dog Eating Festival.”
More International News Stories
- ‘Jealous’ Ohio mom gets 37 years in prison for killing her 3 sons November 22, 2019
- Boy, 13, executed teen girl because he feared he got her pregnant November 22, 2019
- Navy veteran was dead for 3 years before he was found in apartment November 22, 2019
- Teen migrants found hiding in car seat, dashboard in attempted smuggling November 22, 2019
- First male birth control injection almost ready for penises November 22, 2019
- 380-pound Florida man arrested after hiding drugs in belly button November 22, 2019