Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Every year, Saint Lucia joins the rest of the world in commemorating World AIDS Day on December 1st. In an effort to raise awareness in the communities to help fight HIV/AIDS, the Infectious Diseases Unit of the Department of Health & Wellness will be hosting a health fair on Saturday, November 30, 2019 at the Coolie Town Day Care Centre from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Residents of Coolie Town, Jacmel, Roseau, Vanard, La Croix Maingot and other surrounding communities are encouraged to take advantage of this activity.
The health fair will offer services such as blood pressure and blood sugar screening, nutrition counseling, rapid HIV and syphilis counseling and testing, education and counseling on healthy living and sexually transmitted infections and information on how and where to access clinic services.
In addition to observing World AIDS day, the Castries Wellness Centre will be offering rapid HIV and syphilis testing during the week of November 25, 2019.
The Department of Health & Wellness encourages the public to participate in the events and receive vital information about their well-being.
More Health Stories
- Funding for OECS Regional Health Project December 4, 2019
- Legislation governing employment at new hospital discussed December 4, 2019
- Update on reopening and closure of wellness centres December 3, 2019
- World AIDS Day community outreach activities December 3, 2019
- Message from the President of NCPD December 3, 2019
- Consultancy for the Owen King EU Hospital December 2, 2019
- Eating banana skin can help with ‘better sleep and weight loss’ November 28, 2019
- Opening of mosquito insectary November 28, 2019