Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – Lightning struck twice for a Westchester woman who won a $1.4 million jackpot at the Empire City Casino over the weekend — the second time she’s won big at the Yonkers gaming complex in five months.
The woman, identified only as Theresa P. from Ossining, first scored a record-breaking $2,919,162 Wheel of Fortune jackpot in March 11.
Then, on Sunday, she picked up another $1,469,368 jackpot playing a Wheel of Fortune Triple Stars slot machine, leaving her and her hubby Matthew stunned at their luck.
“Matthew and I are positive when gambling, always thinking we will win, but never in our dreams did we think we would hit a jackpot like this in our lifetime, let alone two in a year,” Theresa said in a statement released by the casino. “It’s been a happy state of shock!”
Theresa made a maximum $10 bet on the $5 slot machine before scoring a remarkable return on her investment.
She calls the Wheel of Fortune her go-to machine and notes that she and her husband haven’t yet figured out what to do with the windfall.
Empire City said it has the sixth largest casino floor in the nation, including Las Vegas and Indian casinos.
More than 8 million visitors a year try their luck on the casino’s nearly 5,300 slots and electronic table games hoping to join the ranks of the two-time winner.
- Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey cries in front of George Floyd’s casket
- Cop comforts 5-y-o black girl after she asks if she’s going to be shot
- UPDATE: George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus in April, full autopsy reveals
- Snapchat stops promoting Donald Trump’s account
- Police plea for help as German suspect revealed in Madeleine McCann disappearance
- Russia: President Putin declares state of emergency after Arctic Circle oil spill
- Brazil looks to reopen despite record coronavirus deaths
- Gambia demands probe after US police shoot dead diplomat’s son
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody