Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – Lightning struck twice for a Westchester woman who won a $1.4 million jackpot at the Empire City Casino over the weekend — the second time she’s won big at the Yonkers gaming complex in five months.
The woman, identified only as Theresa P. from Ossining, first scored a record-breaking $2,919,162 Wheel of Fortune jackpot in March 11.
Then, on Sunday, she picked up another $1,469,368 jackpot playing a Wheel of Fortune Triple Stars slot machine, leaving her and her hubby Matthew stunned at their luck.
“Matthew and I are positive when gambling, always thinking we will win, but never in our dreams did we think we would hit a jackpot like this in our lifetime, let alone two in a year,” Theresa said in a statement released by the casino. “It’s been a happy state of shock!”
Theresa made a maximum $10 bet on the $5 slot machine before scoring a remarkable return on her investment.
She calls the Wheel of Fortune her go-to machine and notes that she and her husband haven’t yet figured out what to do with the windfall.
Empire City said it has the sixth largest casino floor in the nation, including Las Vegas and Indian casinos.
More than 8 million visitors a year try their luck on the casino’s nearly 5,300 slots and electronic table games hoping to join the ranks of the two-time winner.
More International News Stories
- Heartburn drug Zantac recalled over cancer-causing chemical October 19, 2019
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019