Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – Mr. Peanut has got some explaining to do.
An Ohio woman claims to have found a human tooth — with dried blood on it — inside a bag of Planters cashews.
She stumbled upon the sickening surprise last month while riding in a car with her mother, WOIO reports.
“I got very upset, I was crying,” said Nickolette Botsford, of Ravenna.
“I threw up two or three times,” she told the station.
Botsford had just tossed back a handful of cashews when she made the disgusting discovery.
“I felt something in my mouth, like hard,” she recalled. “I was thinking it was a tree root, or a rotten nut. I mean, that happens.”
Botsford’s mom knew upon first glance, though, that it was something far worse.
“She turned a light on in the car and she said, ‘It looks like a tooth,’ and at that point, I just pulled the car over on the side of the road, and sure enough, I was like, ‘Mom I think that’s a human tooth,’” explained Botsford.
The Ohio EMT later went to the hospital as a precaution and had blood tests run to make sure she was OK. Staff there were able to confirm that the white mass was, in fact, a human tooth, according to WOIO.
Botsford’s release papers said she was treated for exposure to blood or bodily fluids.
She reached out to Kraft Heinz Co., Planters’ parent company, and told it about what happened — prompting the company to send a courier to pick up the tooth. But she hasn’t heard from Kraft Heinz since.
“They came and picked the tooth up on that Saturday,” Botsford said, noting how it’s been a couple weeks now.
“I try emailing them, I tried calling them, they say, ‘We’ll update you when we know more.’”
Kraft told the Associated Press that the item found inside Botsford’s bag was, indeed, a “foreign object” — but it would not admit it was a tooth.
The company has decided to look into its manufacturing process and suppliers as a precaution.
More International News Stories
- Britain’s largest family expecting 22nd child October 22, 2019
- At least 55 elephants starved to death in Zimbabwe drought October 21, 2019
- Same-sex marriage and abortion now legal in Northern Ireland October 21, 2019
- Man kills himself after suffering months-long toothache October 21, 2019
- Tupac Shakur arrested for attacking cops in Tennessee October 21, 2019
- Heartburn drug Zantac recalled over cancer-causing chemical October 19, 2019
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019