Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) — A British woman says she has several love interests, but none of them can hold a candle to Lumiere — a 91-year-old chandelier she plans to marry, according to a report.
Amanda Liberty, 35, who changed her last name from Whittaker during a prior long-distance relationship with the Statue of Liberty, is ready to finally settle down with the light of her life, the Mirror reports.
Liberty, of Leeds, who identifies as an objectum sexual, is putting the spotlight on the little-known attraction to inanimate objects, according to the outlet.
The bride-to-be said she has been in an open relationship with multiple light fixtures, but decided to get hitched to Lumiere, which she regards as female.
She acknowledges that she can’t marry her suspended sweetie in the traditional sense, but insists that her love is valid.
“I’m determined to have this commitment ceremony, to prove that I’m here for Lumiere and that my love is going to last,” she said.
“I restore the chandeliers in my spare time so they can continue to interest people as they like to be the center of attention. That’s what they like and it’s the energy I get from them,” Liberty continued.
“I’m not sure what dress I’ll wear and will invite those closest to us. I’ll also be buying matching wedding rings for Lumiere and myself,” she added.
“I know a lot of people think my attraction to chandeliers is strange, but I’m not crazy.”
Liberty said she first laid eyes on Lumiere on eBay and realized it was love at first light.
“As soon as I’d seen her, I couldn’t stop thinking about her and how beautiful she was — she has such a beautiful shape, and I could feel really amazing energy coming from her,” she said.
“I knew there and then she had to be mine,” she said, adding that she paid $500 for her betrothed.
“People often can’t understand that this is just a natural orientation for me, that I can find the beauty in objects and can sense their energy,” she said.
“I’m not hurting anyone by entering into a relationship with them, I am simply just following my heart.”
More International News Stories
- Nigeria is trying 47 men arrested in a hotel under its anti-gay laws December 12, 2019
- Santa hacker speaks to girl via smart camera December 12, 2019
- Chile missing plane: Human remains found, governor says December 12, 2019
- Saudi Aramco replaces Apple as world’s largest listed company December 12, 2019
- Chicago prosecutor to vacate 1,000 marijuana convictions December 12, 2019
- Sex criminal sentenced to life throws pitcher, hits judge in head December 12, 2019
- Pakistan protest: Patients die as lawyers ransack Lahore hospital December 12, 2019
- General election 2019: Voters head to polls across the UK December 12, 2019