Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) — He calls himself “Grim Creepa.” And before he allegedly hacked her nearly to death with an ax, his girlfriend called him “Mr. 187” — street slang for murderer.
Law enforcement sources on Saturday night confirmed that they have charged this man in the ax attack on two young moms that left one dead and another fighting for her life.
The suspect, violent ex-convict Jerry Brown, 34, was charged early Sunday with murder, attempted murder, and criminal possession of a weapon, for the ax, police said.
More charges were still pending, law enforcement sources said.
Brown has 13 prior arrests, including for assault, robbery, burglary and strangulation, along with the more minor offenses of turnstile jumping and drinking in public, sources said.
He was being held in a psychiatric lockup, the sources said.
He was arrested in Manhattan at around 3 p.m., the sources said, and has admitted to being at the scene of the murder, the sources added.
The attack left Savannah Rivera, 20, the pregnant mom of a three-year-old son, dead from near-decapitation.
Rivera’s friend, Angela Valle, is hospitalized with multiple massive lacerations, including to the back of her head.
The suspect knew both women, police have said.
But social media posts show Brown was dating Valle as recently as last month.
Valle’s Facebook posts from November through March were filled with affection for her beau, who she calls “Grim Creepa.”
“My heart,” she called him in one post from late December.
Chillingly, just six weeks ago, she posted a photo of him sitting shirtless on a messy bed.
“My f–king man doe!!!” she gushed. “Mr. 187 him self,” she added, a reference to Section 187 of the California penal code, the section that encompasses homicide. It’s a staple reference in gangsta rap.
“I love you Daddy,” she added.
“I love u my queen,” he responded.
Reached by phone by WPIX11 before his arrest, he admitted that he’d suffered a cut to his hand — and asked their reporter if his girlfriend is “okay.”
Told she was fighting for her life, he sobbed, the report said.
More International News Stories
- Over 5,000 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in single day in China February 14, 2020
- Virus infects more than 1,700 health workers in China, 6 die February 14, 2020
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020
- UN: Congo’s ebola outbreak slows but still global emergency February 13, 2020
- Fall in new cases raises hope in virus outbreak in China February 13, 2020
- Coronavirus is a bigger threat than terrorism: World Health Organization February 12, 2020
- Pope rejects a proposal to allow married priests in the Amazon February 12, 2020