Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Gunmen broke into a house in Rancho Quemado and shot a man and his wife on Tuesday night.
Ellen Joseph, 30, a student nurse, died while receiving treatment at hospital, while her husband Robert Mendoza is warded in critical condition.
Police are investigating a drug link as the motive.
Around 8.15 p.m. Joseph and her husband were in the living room of their home with other relatives at Rancho Quemado Road when two men with firearms entered.
Police were told that although other relatives, including children, were in the room the gunmen fired only at Joseph and Mendoza, hitting them in the upper body.
The gunmen ran out of the house and fled in a white Nissan Tiida.
The vehicle was later found at burnt near Los Iros beach, and police suspect that the gunmen escaped on a boat off the Los Iros coast.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- 42,000 guns, T&T a war zone, says Senator November 21, 2019
- Trinidad: Man charged with possession of flour November 21, 2019
- Tourism Trinidad to provide cruise visitors with an authentic experience November 20, 2019
- Trinidad: US Embassy warns of fraudulent calls November 19, 2019
- St Vincent: Court jails man who made ex-girlfriend run naked in public November 19, 2019
- Trinidad: Digicel worker shot dead driving to work November 19, 2019
- Trinidad: Judge orders V’zuelan woman freed November 19, 2019
- Trinidad cops: Woman’s murder a hired hit November 18, 2019
- Trinidad airport inquiry to start over 15 years later November 18, 2019