Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) — The woman accused of sending a man more than 159,000 text messages after a single date — including death threats and her desire to bathe in his blood — says it’s “ridiculous” that she’s been jailed without bail since last year.
“I can’t believe that it turned into this,” Jacqueline Claire Ades told the Arizona Republic from Estrella Jail in Maricopa County prior to being found mentally incompetent to stand trial last month. “I can’t believe that I’m actually in jail over some text messages.”
Ades, 33, of Phoenix, insisted the threats included among the 159,000 messages she sent a successful CEO in Paradise Valley after their date that was arranged on the millionaire matchmaking app Luxy — sometimes up to 500 in one day — were not to be taken seriously.
The businessman, who has not been identified in court records, responded to Ades’ avalanche of texts for three months, she said, but stopped replying when the messages turned violent.
Ades claims the tenor of their conversation changed following a fight with her mother, prompting her to lash out on her newfound obsession.
“I said, ‘If I had a perverted imagination, what would I think?’” Ades told the newspaper. “And then I wrote all these weird things. Just, like, I was literally playing with my imagination and it turned out that that scared him.”
Police then arrested Ades last April as she took a bath in the man’s home while he was out of the country. She allegedly took her two dogs, food and a bottle of wine with her, along with an 8-inch butcher knife that was found in the front passenger seat of her Mercedes-Benz parked outside the home.
Ades’ attorney, Matthew Leathers, told the newspaper he requested a hearing in January to evaluate the woman’s mental competency and to determine whether she could assist in her own defense. She was deemed mentally incompetent but restorable last month by two of three mental health officials.
Her trial has since been delayed by at least 60 days as physicians work to restore her competency, Leathers said.
Ades has pleaded not guilty to charges of stalking and criminal trespassing. Leathers said she could’ve ended her incarceration months ago by accepting a plea deal, but that would have imposed a 10-year ban from contacting the man she allegedly barraged with texts.
Ades insists jurors will not only find her not guilty, but they’ll also order that she and her alleged victim get hitched.
“They’re going to say, ‘You’re not guilty and on top of it we, like, demand that you two get married,” Ades told the newspaper.
Ades also claimed that she had been previously abducted by Walt Disney.
“Does that sound crazy?” Ades continued. “It sounds like I’m crazy. My mom says, ‘They’re going to put you back in [mentally competency] court if you go around telling people.’ But this is a true story — I’m not lying.”
Ades, whose next hearing is scheduled for May 21, said she intends to return to Florida once she’s out of jail. She won’t contact the man she allegedly stalked, she said, because she thinks he will reach out to her first.
More International News Stories
- Thai woman bitten by snake while sitting on toilet January 17, 2020
- Deaf man from Brooklyn sues Pornhub over lack of closed captioning January 17, 2020
- Missing Polish farmer believed to have been eaten by his own pigs January 17, 2020
- US woman charged with leaving 6 kids with dead man January 17, 2020
- Ukrainian prime minister submits resignation after tapes January 17, 2020
- JetBlue Airways is raising checked-bag fees again January 16, 2020