Share This On:
(SNO) — A woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident on Bridge Street, Castries in the early hours of Thursday, December 26 (Boxing Day), according to the St. Lucia Fire Department.
The woman, who is about 30 years old, was injured after a Toyota Noah ran in the back of a Toyota Belta in which she was travelling, emergency sources said.
The Belta ran off the road as a result of the impact, while the Noah ended up in a ditch close to the intersection of Bridge Street, emergency personnel said.
Sources said the driver of the Noah, who allegedly attempted to flee the scene, was caught and handed over to the police after getting a medical checkup.
Meanwhile, the woman from the Belta motor car complained of hip pain and was transported to Victoria Hospital by ambulance in stable condition.
The St. Lucia Fire Department responded to the accident at 1:26 am.
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM
- Results of quarantined non-national expected by end of week February 12, 2020 12:08 PM