Share This On:
A woman who was recorded severely beating a teenager for wearing her shoes has been charged.
She was charged on Friday, according to HTS News4orce and has been identified as Tessa Albert.
She has been identified as the aunt of the teenager.
Footage from the TV station showed Albert in handcuffs and being escorted by police.
The matter will be heard on Monday since a magistrate could not be found to preside over the matter on Friday.
The video of the woman beating the teenager because she wore her shoes to class went viral on social media.
It generated a torrent of sympathy for the young lady and donations of shoes came pouring in.
Many Saint Lucians have since taken to social media promising to assist even more and saying the response to the entire situation captured the true spirit of the people of the island.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM