Share This On:
A woman who was recorded severely beating a teenager for wearing her shoes has been charged.
She was charged on Friday, according to HTS News4orce and has been identified as Tessa Albert.
She has been identified as the aunt of the teenager.
Footage from the TV station showed Albert in handcuffs and being escorted by police.
The matter will be heard on Monday since a magistrate could not be found to preside over the matter on Friday.
The video of the woman beating the teenager because she wore her shoes to class went viral on social media.
It generated a torrent of sympathy for the young lady and donations of shoes came pouring in.
Many Saint Lucians have since taken to social media promising to assist even more and saying the response to the entire situation captured the true spirit of the people of the island.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff