Share This On:
(SNO) – A woman who was filmed violently beating her niece for wearing her shoes has pleaded guilty and has been placed on $1,000 bail.
Tessa Albert, Jacmel, was faced a charge of harm expected to return to court on January 14, 2020 to be sentenced.
She was charged last Friday and spent the weekend in a police lock up while she awaited for the matter to be heard in court.
Bail conditions include no contact with her niece, the surrendering of travel documents, court permission for leaving Saint Lucia, and that she should report to the Anse La Ray Police Station every Friday before 6:00 pm.
The video of Charles beating the young lady went viral on social media and touched the hearts of many.
She received an outpouring of sympathy and donations of shoes came flooding in.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM