Share This On:
(SNO) – A woman who was filmed violently beating her niece for wearing her shoes has pleaded guilty and has been placed on $1,000 bail.
Tessa Albert, Jacmel, was faced a charge of harm expected to return to court on January 14, 2020 to be sentenced.
She was charged last Friday and spent the weekend in a police lock up while she awaited for the matter to be heard in court.
Bail conditions include no contact with her niece, the surrendering of travel documents, court permission for leaving Saint Lucia, and that she should report to the Anse La Ray Police Station every Friday before 6:00 pm.
The video of Charles beating the young lady went viral on social media and touched the hearts of many.
She received an outpouring of sympathy and donations of shoes came flooding in.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM