Dear Editor: I would like to file a report on a matter which has left me feeling sick to my stomach.
This morning, a little after 11, I went into a business place in Blue Coral and purchased a small Coke costing $2.85, a cheese roll for $1.45, and a meat parte costing $1.45. After finishing my drink I decided to open the cup to eat a piece of ice. That’s when I discovered a dead fly in the cup.
I was so shocked that I took it immediately to the young lady who served me. She asked me if I would like to speak to the supervisor. She then proceeded to get the manager, who rudely informed me that I can only get a refund for the soft drink.
When I asked for the glass back, he said the young lady had slipped and fell with the glass so he did not have time to see it.
I agreed to the refund but whilst waiting there for the money I decided to make a report to the Health Department at the Waterfront. However, I found out that the department’s office is at Marisule so this is the reason I am informing persons out there to be careful of where you eat.
I felt that I reacted too quickly before I took a picture. It was awful and I still feel sick to the stomach.