Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) — An Italian woman died of complications from the nose job she got for her 21st birthday, according to new reports.
Maria Chiara Mete got a rhinoplasty — or nose reshaping — procedure done at the private Casa del Sole clinic in Fromia, in the province of Latina, on June 17 because she was unhappy with her appearance, the Mirror reported.
Following the procedure, she suddenly went into cardiac arrest for no apparent reason, and doctors tried to revive her — but to no avail. She was taken to the Dono Svizzero hospital, and then to the Santa Maria Goretti hospital, where she died after a week in a coma, Italian outlet Roma.fanpage.it reported.
While it’s unclear exactly how Mete died, it’s believed that a ventilator malfunction in the operating room may have played a role, according to the report. Mete may have also had a bad reaction to a drug used to lower her blood pressure and reduce bleeding during the procedure, the outlet reported.
Prosecutors in Latina are digging into the case, and an autopsy will officially confirm Mete’s cause of death.
Meanwhile, Mete’s family is desperate for answers and calling for authorities to do all they can to get to the bottom of her untimely death.
“We can’t understand how you can die at the age of 21 because of a nose operation,” her distraught uncle said, according to the Mirror.
More International News Stories
- Nigeria is trying 47 men arrested in a hotel under its anti-gay laws December 12, 2019
- Santa hacker speaks to girl via smart camera December 12, 2019
- Chile missing plane: Human remains found, governor says December 12, 2019
- Saudi Aramco replaces Apple as world’s largest listed company December 12, 2019
- Chicago prosecutor to vacate 1,000 marijuana convictions December 12, 2019
- Sex criminal sentenced to life throws pitcher, hits judge in head December 12, 2019
- Pakistan protest: Patients die as lawyers ransack Lahore hospital December 12, 2019
- General election 2019: Voters head to polls across the UK December 12, 2019