Share This On:
JAY, OKLAHOMA (AP) — Authorities in northeastern Oklahoma say child neglect charges have been filed against a 34-year-old woman accused of starving her children and feeding them dog faeces.
Delaware County court records indicate the charges were filed earlier this month against Mary Elizabeth Moore.
The Tulsa World reports the children, aged five and three, have been hospitalised after being diagnosed as severely malnourished and placed on a special diet with nasal feeding tubes.
A court affidavit says the older child told investigators that she ate dog faeces, which the arresting officer says was responsible for the presence of parasitic pinworms that were found in the child.
The affidavit says Moore denied starving her children and feeding them dog faeces. Her court-appointed attorney Lee Griffin didn’t immediately return a phone call Saturday seeking comment.
More International News Stories
- Over 5,000 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in single day in China February 14, 2020
- Virus infects more than 1,700 health workers in China, 6 die February 14, 2020
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020
- UN: Congo’s ebola outbreak slows but still global emergency February 13, 2020
- Fall in new cases raises hope in virus outbreak in China February 13, 2020
- Coronavirus is a bigger threat than terrorism: World Health Organization February 12, 2020
- Pope rejects a proposal to allow married priests in the Amazon February 12, 2020