Share This On:
The incident reportedly occurred yesterday after the woman ended the relationship with the man.
The relationship was reportedly ended after the woman found out that the man has a history of being abusive.
The man, a 33-y-o from Castries, allegedly drove all the way to Dennery to try and win back her heart. When this failed he attacked her and left the right side of her face cover in blood.
After the incident the young woman went to the Dennery hospital where she was given two stitches.
The young woman is cautioning other women to speak out against abuse.
“Too many times women remain quiet about abuse and then the men roam free to do it to someone else,” she told St. Lucia News Online.
She claimed that the matter was reported to the police, however she said she was told that they will get back to her.
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM