Share This On:
The incident reportedly occurred yesterday after the woman ended the relationship with the man.
The relationship was reportedly ended after the woman found out that the man has a history of being abusive.
The man, a 33-y-o from Castries, allegedly drove all the way to Dennery to try and win back her heart. When this failed he attacked her and left the right side of her face cover in blood.
After the incident the young woman went to the Dennery hospital where she was given two stitches.
The young woman is cautioning other women to speak out against abuse.
“Too many times women remain quiet about abuse and then the men roam free to do it to someone else,” she told St. Lucia News Online.
She claimed that the matter was reported to the police, however she said she was told that they will get back to her.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM