Share This On:
The incident reportedly occurred yesterday after the woman ended the relationship with the man.
The relationship was reportedly ended after the woman found out that the man has a history of being abusive.
The man, a 33-y-o from Castries, allegedly drove all the way to Dennery to try and win back her heart. When this failed he attacked her and left the right side of her face cover in blood.
After the incident the young woman went to the Dennery hospital where she was given two stitches.
The young woman is cautioning other women to speak out against abuse.
“Too many times women remain quiet about abuse and then the men roam free to do it to someone else,” she told St. Lucia News Online.
She claimed that the matter was reported to the police, however she said she was told that they will get back to her.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM