Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Police are investigating the abduction and rape of a 58-year-old woman who boarded a PH taxi in Curepe on Friday.
Investigators are warning of serial rapists lurking along the East/West corridor posing as PH drivers.
This latest incident adds to five other reports of women being raped and dumped in the Caura area.
Some of the victims were younger and were stabbed, police said.
According to police, at about 8 pm the latest victim got into a black ‘PH’ taxi near. The victim told police that she was in the backseat when a man jumped in the front passenger seat right after she entered the car.
Minutes followed two other passengers – a man and a woman entered the back of the vehicle on either side of her sandwiching her in the middle.
The female passenger was the first passenger to exit and as she was getting out of the vehicle the passenger in the back seat cuffed the victim to the face and knocked her unconscious.
When she regained consciousness, she told police, she was lying in some bushes close to a roadway as she heard passing vehicles.
The woman who was scared that her attackers were still in the area waited until daybreak to seek help.
Police said her clothes were ripped.
She managed to make her way to a nearby house where she got helped and the police called in.
The traumatised victim was taken to the Tunapuna Police Station and subsequently to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Centre where she was medically examined and treated.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Cop charged with being gang member, child sex trafficking February 14, 2020
- Trinidad woman riddled with bullets, daughter injured February 14, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 23, tries to kidnap schoolgirl, 10 February 13, 2020
- Trinidad: 69th murder for the year, in Cocorite February 12, 2020
- Child’s last words to murderous father “I love you” February 12, 2020
- Don’t leave China, T&T nationals told February 12, 2020