Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The executive and members of the West Indies Players’ Association would like to extend congratulations to the West Indies Mens Senior Team on their achievement as the Champions of the ICC World T20 2016 tournament.
The West Indies men took the title for the record second time since the tournament started in 2007. Captain Darren Sammy won the toss for the 6th time in the tournament and sent England into bat, who set a target of 156 runs. The West Indies successfully reached the target in the 20th over.
WIPA President and CEO, Wavell Hinds in congratulating the team said, “Congratulations to the team, the management and support staff for an outstanding performance during this tournament.”
He continued by saying, “West Indies cricket looks to be in a good place after we have captured ICC Under 19 World Cup, Women and Mens World T20 titles Congratulations again to the West Indies Mens team and I am sure the entire Caribbean and the diaspora are feeling very proud of these achievements .”
- CPL: St Lucia Zouks retain six players from 2019 squad
- Daren Sammy excited having Chris Gayle with St. Lucia Zouks despite controversy
- Cricket: Women’s and ‘A’ Team Series in the Caribbean postponed
- St Lucia Zouks name the Caribbean players they will retain this season
- Chris Gayle to be penalised for his public outbursts against Tallawahs, Ramnaresh Sarwan
- CWI boss expects Chris Gayle to be punished
- Pamala Baldwin’s Team Liquid wins the 2020 CSA Traveller’s trophy
- Daren Sammy supports Dugard, Micoud
- Cricket chiefs still planning for T20 World Cup this year despite COVID-19