Share This On:
(SNO) – Host nation Saint Lucia earned a narrow win in women’s netball on Tuesday, day 3 of the ongoing CBN/WINLOTT Windward Islands School Games.
Saint Lucia beat Dominica 27-25, with both sides relying heavily on players recently returned from the AFNA Caribbean Schools Championship in Jamaica.
Saint Lucia relied on strong performances in the first and third quarters, whilst the girls from the Nature Isle charged back in the second and fourth. Quarter scores were 7-5,10-9, and 21-15.
Megan Nestor (Soufriere Secondary/Canaries) hit 18-29, and Dasha Eugene (Corinth Secondary/Marchand) 9-18.
For Dominica, Dominica State College captain Kyla Winston made 15-23, whilst Celina Langlaise converted 10-14.
Grenada, meanwhile, thrashed St. Vincent and the Grenadines 27-12. Young giant Kelsie Murrell Ross 21/37.
In men’s basketball, there was another win for Grenada, and a heartbreaking loss for Saint Lucia.
The home team led 12-0, and had a strong first half, but fell apart late in the piece. Aaron Hypolyte had 12 points, seven rebounds and six steals for Dominica, whilst Faywanie Foyle contributed 12 points and 11 rebounds. For Saint Lucia, Noah Boyde had 11 points and 13 rebounds.
Grenada held a comfortable 76-56 scoreline against St. Vincent and the Grenadines at the final whistle. For Grenada Alkinde Redhead had 16 points and five rebounds; Jake Baptiste 25 points, eight rebounds; Omar Panchoo 15 points, 10 rebounds and Omar Walker 11 points, 13 rebounds.
The Games continue Wednesday with men’s volleyball at the Micoud Multi Purpose court.
Grenada takes on St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Saint Lucia plays Dominica.
In the evening, women’s basketball continues at the Vieux Fort court with Dominica and SVG in the first match, and Saint Lucia against Grenada afterwards.
- Saint Lucian in Taiwan’s top TV singing contest November 19, 2019 6:25 AM
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM