PRESS RELEASE – In celebration of the upcoming 25th annual Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival, Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort (www.windjammer-landing.com) will welcome world-renowned jazz guitarist Chris Standring, Barbadian jazz horn-man Arturo Tappin and UK radio show host DJ Nigel Williams of Jazz FM in an exciting “Jazz on the Beach” event on Friday, May 6.
Jazz on the Beach tickets can be purchased at all the Saint Lucia Jazz ticket outlets andon-line. Tickets are not available at Windjammer Landing.
For the convenience of Jazz on the Beach patrons, secured parking will be in place at the Daher Mall site at Bois d’Orange, with complimentary shuttle service for ticket holders to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort.
Following is the schedule of evening activities.
- 5 p.m.: Gates open
- 6 p.m.: Jazz FM DJ Nigel kicks off the night
- 7:15 p.m.: Opening act – Arturo Tappin
- 8:15 p.m.: Featured musical guest Chris Standring and his band
- 10:00 p.m.: Jazz FM DJ Nigel and live music
- 11:30 p.m.: Departure shuttles to Daher Mall site will operate for one hour following the Jazz on the Beach
The experienced culinary team at Windjammer Landing has designed a special food menu for the event. Attendees are encouraged to visit food and drink huts located on the beach to enjoy local cuisine, a cold beer or other alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages. Featured menu items include: jerk chicken wraps, Caribbean conch soup, chicken roti, smoked pork skewers, brisket sliders, coconut shrimp, Greek salad on a skewer, pan-seared tuna on fresh cucumber and ceviche. All food and beverage require food tickets which can be purchased on-site.
Know before you go…
- No private vehicles or walk-ins without tickets will be admitted to the event.
- This is a toes-in-the-sand beach event. No seating will be provided. Guests are welcome to bring their own beach chair/mat.
- No outside food and beverage will be permitted.
- Food and beverage tickets are cash only.