Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) — Captain Jason Holder produced a superb performance in leading the West Indies to a 166-run win and a 2-0 series sweep against Bangladesh on the third day of the second Test at Sabina Park on Saturday.
Chasing 335 for victory, Bangladesh were bowled out for 168, their highest total in an innings throughout the series as they suffered a 219 run defeat in the first Test in Antigua last week.
With the series victory, West Indies have now jumped into eighth position on the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test rankings, relegating Bangladesh to ninth.
Bangladesh captain Shakib All Hasan, who earlier took 6-33, which was the best figure for a Bangladesh bowler away from home, later returned to register his team’s topscore of 54, which included 10 boundaries.
Holder was registering his third Test career five-wicket haul after earlier taking 5-44 in the first innings, took 6-59 in the second innings to end with match figures of 11-103, which is now the best match figure by a West Indies captain in a home series.
Scores: West Indies 354 & 129; Bangladesh 149 & 168 (42 overs)
More Sports Stories
- Jorja Mederick qualifies for U16 Masters Final November 20, 2019
- Much work to be done ahead of World Cup, says Windies coach November 20, 2019
- Saint Lucia misses Gold Cup playoffs after falling to Montserrat November 20, 2019
- A decade of support for CFC youth football November 18, 2019
- ARC 2019 officially opens with lively national flag parade November 18, 2019
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019