Share This On:
Over 120 athletes lined up on Sunday morning for the 12th Edition of the Foulées de l’Asptt 10-kilometre road race.
The number included Frenchemn, women, and children, as well as two Saint Lucian runners.
At the end of the course, the two competitors from the nearest neighbour of the French overseas department stood tall. Jason ‘Superman’ Sayers, competing for Golden Star Athlétisme, won the men’s race in 34:25. The time is nearly two minutes off his best run, a time he ran in Barbados in 2007. But according to the 41-year-old from Corinth, “I was just playing with them; it was hot, and I was running easy.”
Thierry Jacques Edouard of FR Fond Nicholas finished a fairly close second in 34:35.
The other Saint Lucian, Michael ‘Mega’ Biscette, ran 35:29 for third, representing FR Fond Nicholas.
More Sports Stories
- Afghanistan Cricket Board XI draw with West Indies – 3rd day November 22, 2019
- Brathwaite, Hetmyer get starts but Windies struggle vs Afghans November 21, 2019
- Jorja Mederick qualifies for U16 Masters Final November 20, 2019
- Much work to be done ahead of World Cup, says Windies coach November 20, 2019
- Saint Lucia misses Gold Cup playoffs after falling to Montserrat November 20, 2019
- A decade of support for CFC youth football November 18, 2019
- ARC 2019 officially opens with lively national flag parade November 18, 2019