Share This On:
The owner of Empire 758 bar, grill and nightclub, Ken Terrance, said he is puzzled as to why persons would want to destroy his business.
The popular business, located in Laborie on the Kennedy Highway, was set ablaze by arsonists Wednesday morning.
Surveillance footage obtained by St. Lucia News Online (see video below story) shows two individuals, wearing hoodies, pouring a liquid inside the nightclub and igniting it. A third individual is seen for brief moments in the ‘corner’ of the video.
“… till now as we speak I cannot give a reason as to why persons would actually want Empire 758 burned down because I am not an individual who’s known for having problems with anybody or problems with the law,” Terrance told MBC television.
He said if the perpetrators are caught one of his “very first questions” would be to ask them “what was the motive and what did they accomplish at the end of the day by setting the place on fire”.
An official from the Saint Lucia Fire Service in Vieux Fort told St. Lucia News Online that they received the call at 4:05 a.m. Terrance told MBC television that he was at home when his mother informed him about the fire at about 4 a.m.
“Upon arriving there I realized the place was engulfed in flames,” Terrance told MBC, “persons surrounding the establishment, neighbors, a few of them were already out, including a bus driver, trying their best to contain the fire.”
Terrance said a worker normally sleeps at the establishment. He said he panicked, forgetting that it was the worker’s day off.
“So what I did I actually came and opened up because I normally have a worker that normally sleeps in, so I decided to check to see whether he was there because I honestly… never remembered that … it was actually his off day,” the businessman said.
To date, no one has been arrested.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM