Share This On:
The owner of Empire 758 bar, grill and nightclub, Ken Terrance, said he is puzzled as to why persons would want to destroy his business.
The popular business, located in Laborie on the Kennedy Highway, was set ablaze by arsonists Wednesday morning.
Surveillance footage obtained by St. Lucia News Online (see video below story) shows two individuals, wearing hoodies, pouring a liquid inside the nightclub and igniting it. A third individual is seen for brief moments in the ‘corner’ of the video.
“… till now as we speak I cannot give a reason as to why persons would actually want Empire 758 burned down because I am not an individual who’s known for having problems with anybody or problems with the law,” Terrance told MBC television.
He said if the perpetrators are caught one of his “very first questions” would be to ask them “what was the motive and what did they accomplish at the end of the day by setting the place on fire”.
An official from the Saint Lucia Fire Service in Vieux Fort told St. Lucia News Online that they received the call at 4:05 a.m. Terrance told MBC television that he was at home when his mother informed him about the fire at about 4 a.m.
“Upon arriving there I realized the place was engulfed in flames,” Terrance told MBC, “persons surrounding the establishment, neighbors, a few of them were already out, including a bus driver, trying their best to contain the fire.”
Terrance said a worker normally sleeps at the establishment. He said he panicked, forgetting that it was the worker’s day off.
“So what I did I actually came and opened up because I normally have a worker that normally sleeps in, so I decided to check to see whether he was there because I honestly… never remembered that … it was actually his off day,” the businessman said.
To date, no one has been arrested.
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM