Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A white woman reportedly called the cops on a black man she saw babysitting two white children at a Georgia Walmart.
Corey Lewis, who runs a youth-mentoring program in Atlanta, used Facebook Live to film his interaction with a Cobb County police officer responding to the woman’s call about the girl and boy he was babysitting Sunday.
Lewis explained to the officer that he is the kids’ babysitter — that he’d taken them to eat dinner at the Subway in Walmart and then stopped to get some gas — which is when the woman, who’d been following them, approached.
The woman asked Lewis if she could speak to the girl, to see if she knew who he was — and he refused, Lewis recounted to the cop. That’s when she called the cops and then followed Lewis all the way home, he said.
“All because I got two kids in the back seat who do not look like me, this lady took it upon herself to say that she’s going to take my plate down and call the police,” Lewis said in another Facebook video. “It’s crazy … It’s 2018 and this is what I’ve got to deal with.”
The kids, a 10-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy, confirmed to the officer that Lewis was their after-school teacher and babysitter.
Their parents, David Parker and Dana Mango, were shocked when they were called by the police to confirm the story, telling local outlet CBS46 that they believe Lewis was stalked and harassed for “babysitting while black.”
“I said, ‘Are you saying that because there’s an African American male driving my two white kids, that he was stopped and pulled over and questioned?’ and he said, ‘I’m sorry, ma’am, that’s exactly what I’m saying,’” the mother told the station.
More International News Stories
- E. coli gut infection linked to bowel cancer February 27, 2020
- Facebook bans ads with false claims about coronavirus February 27, 2020
- Coronavirus patient in Brazil marks Latin America’s first case February 26, 2020
- Trump says coronavirus ‘under control’ in US, problem going to ‘go away’ February 25, 2020
- More virus deaths outside China raise pandemic fears February 25, 2020
- Brazilian baby goes viral for epic scowl moments after birth February 25, 2020
- Iran deputy health minister has coronavirus February 25, 2020
- Amid China virus fears, even a haircut is a major operation February 25, 2020
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020