Share This On:
(CBSMiami) – A number of hurricane and tropical storm watches have been issued for Tropical Storm Isaac.
At 11 a.m., the center of the storm was about 775 miles east of the Lesser Antilles. It was moving to the west at 16 mph with maximum sustained winds of 70 mph. Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 105 miles from the center.
On the forecast track, Isaac is anticipated to move near or over the central Lesser Antilles on Thursday and move into the eastern Caribbean Sea Thursday night. Isaac is expected to be near hurricane strength when it moves through the central Lesser Antilles, with some weakening forecast afterward on Friday.
SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for…
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for…
* Antigua and Montserrat
Isaac is expected to produce 3 to 5 inches of rain, with isolated amounts near 10 inches, across the southern Leeward Islands late this week, with 1 to 2 inches anticipated across portions of the Windward Islands.
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM
- Castries man injured in Marisule motorcycle accident October 21, 2019 6:37 PM
- Reela wins 3rd leg of Community 7s rugby tournament in Desruisseaux October 21, 2019 2:59 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia gov’t denies buying horses or funding racetrack October 21, 2019 2:38 PM
- Three injured in Bexon accident October 21, 2019 2:10 PM