Share This On:
(TOI) — The coronavirus pandemic has forced the world into a lockdown. With most travelling options cancelled, many have found it difficult to commute in these unprecedented circumstances.
But Windies cricketer Daren Sammy on Friday, finally made it home from Pakistan and reunited with his family in St. Lucia.
Upon his return, Sammy seemed elated and shared a video on Instagram, dancing, celebrating his reunion with his family. In the video, Sammy also shared that he showed no signs of the infection but will follow the mandatory self-quarantine rule.
The 36-year-old was participating in the Pakistan Super League when the pandemic caused chaos and players began returning to their countries.
Sammy, in particular, was one of the special attractions, as his unique look to prevent the coronavirus infection, spread like wildfire on social media.
Sammy, later in following videos was seen washing hands, spreading awareness about hand hygiene while taking the #stayhomechallenge.
View this post on Instagram
Hey you yes you during this time it is very important to adhere to the precautionary measures to help stop the spread of this corona virus 🦠 let’s all practice something so simple as washing our hands. This can be the difference in preventing one of you love ones from getting infected. #covid_19 Please note when I say stepping out I meant out of my room to have breakfast, not in public. #washyourhands #covid_19
- UPDATE: George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus in April, full autopsy reveals
- Finally: Micoud residents to get Wellness Centre after 28 years
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- After Sammy’s call, Cricket West Indies backs protests over George Floyd’s killing
- Petition started to rename Harding University auditorium in honor of Botham Jean
- ‘Betty Clarke’ and Nadeige Suffren granted bail in Praslin drug bust case
- Invest Saint Lucia responds to concerns over Anse des Sables
- 47 more Saint Lucian nationals return home