PRESS RELEASE – The level of Reservoir at John Compton Dam has been recorded at 333.8 feet today, November 29th, 2016. This represents an increase of 0.4 feet from our previous recorded level yesterday, November 28th, 2016.
However during the day yesterday the dam level increased to 335.6 feet. The level on this date last year, November 29th, 2016 was 333.5 feet. Spill over is at 333.0 feet
Daily Water Schedule:
The Water and Sewerage Company Inc. (WASCO) wishes to advise of water schedules for communities in the Northern part of the island, for today, Tuesday 29th November, 2016:
Network News the under listed areas were supplied yesterday.
· Lower Ti- Chemin, Fond Assau, Chassin, Cabiche, Talvern & Hill 20
· La Borne
· Chicken back Street
· Upper Paix Bouche inclusive of Pork Palace
· Upper Monier from Old Tank upwards
Water Supply for Today November 29th, 2016 – Hill 20 System
· Fond Cannie is currently being supplied.
Anse La Raye
· Intake is completely filled with silt .There no production is possible at this moment. When it is safe to proceed to site a determination will be made for desilting. However Customers have not been affected, both distribution tanks are half full.
Theobalds Treatment Plant
· Vannard pumps are off due to clogged intake.
· Gravity is off due to clogged intake.
Crews will attempt to conduct the necessary maintenance and cleaning up works once it is safe to do so.
Hill 20 Systems
· Marquis is back on, However pump # 1 which is the bigger pump is no functioning. Electricians will attend to it when it is safe to get to pump station.
· Talvern is off due to high turbidity of water.
· Gravity is chocked; crews will attend to it when it is safe to do so.
Please note the aforementioned are subject to change based on the availability of Water supply, whilst we will maintain the supply of water to the areas, there may be inconsistencies due to demand or damages which may occur on the lines.