PRESS RELEASE – The level of Reservoir at John Compton Dam has been recorded at 333.5 feet today, December 1st, 2016. This represents a decrease of 0.1 feet from our previous recorded level yesterday, November 30th, 2016.
However at mid day yesterday the dam level was recorded at 335.6 feet. The level on this date last year, December 1st, 2016 was 333.2 feet.
Spill over is at 333.0 feet
Daily Water Schedule:
The Water and Sewerage Company Inc. (WASCO) wishes to advise of water schedules for communities in the Northern part of the island, for today, Thursday, 1st December 2016:
Network News the under listed areas were supplied yesterday.
· La Borne
Water Supply for Today December 1st, 2016 – Hill 20 System
· La Borne
· Fond Cannie
Water Supply Forecast – Babonneau (Hill 20 System)
· Plateau will be supplied on tonight, once production returns to normal.
· Lower Ti- Chemin, Fond Assau, Chassin, Cabiche, Talvern & Hill 20 will be supplied today.
Anse La Raye
· Production has not recommenced. Due to the continuous rainfall experience during passage of trough for the last 3 days desilting work was not possible. WASCO personnel are now mobilizing to start desilting and cleaning up work. This is expected to be completed by the end of the day or by tomorrow morning.
Theobalds Treatment Plant
· Vannard pumps are off due to clogged intake.
· Gravity is off due to clogged intake. Crews are on standby to proceed to clear intake when it is safe to do so.
Hill 20 Systems
· Marquis pumping line is damaged, crew will undertake repair during the course of the day.
· Talvern is back on.
· Gravity is chocked; crews will attend to it after completion of repairs to Marquis pumping line. However this is dependant of state of weather and safety.
Please note the aforementioned are subject to change based on the availability of Water supply, whilst we will maintain the supply of water to the areas, there may be inconsistencies due to demand or damages which may occur on the lines.