Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – It has been reported to the St. Lucia Electricity Services Limited (LUCELEC) that individuals are presenting themselves to business establishments and/or people’s homes as LUCELEC employees and requesting permission to access their premises to conduct inspections or work on behalf of LUCELEC.
LUCELEC would like to advise all customers of the following:
1. Instances where LUCELEC employees and contractors would need to get into a building to carry out any work are rare. Most of LUCELEC’s work stops at the electricity meter.
2. Anyone presenting himself or herself to your place of business or home as a LUCELEC employee should always be asked to show the appropriate picture identification.
3. If someone purporting to represent LUCELEC or any of its contractors is requesting to get inside your office or home, call our Customer Service Department at 457-4400 to confirm if a crew was dispatched to your premises.
4. As a general rule, exercise due caution before letting anyone into your premises, even when individuals present themselves as representatives of LUCELEC or any other service provider. Confirm whether a service request was made by anyone at your location. Check Identification Cards thoroughly. Ask the individual to wait while you verify with the office they’re purporting to represent. Call and double check whether a work crew is supposed to be at your address.
LUCELEC seeks the cooperation of all its customers in ensuring that anyone seeking access to their premises on LUCELEC’s behalf is properly vetted.
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM