Share This On:
The documentary about Nobel Prize-winning poet Derek Walcott, Poetry is an Island, had its world premiere at the 2013 T&T Film Festival (TTFF) on Saturday.
The film, which was directed by Ida Does, focuses on Walcott’s creative process and his dedication to art. Both Walcott and Does were present at the screening and participated in a question- and-answer session.
Does, in an e-mail interview, said she was happy the film was premiering at TTFF. “I think it’s great since Walcott has lived in Port-of-Spain for many years and has a history of working in the arts there.”
More General Stories
- Today we celebrate our volunteers December 5, 2019
- National Awards nomination deadline extended December 3, 2019
- Saint Lucia Cannabis Commission officially launched December 3, 2019
- Another plea for Cocoa December 3, 2019
- Cannabis Commission community consultations November 29, 2019