Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Free Kick Foundation held its first annual Indoor football invitational over the weekend, Saturday and Sunday.
VSADC from Castries, emerged as champions after beating Northern from Gros Islet, one goal to nil. Gemeel Joseph (VSADC) was awarded the tournament MVP after his five penalty-save heroics in the semi final round against New Generation from Babonneau.
Third place went to Valley Soccer from Castries after a 6-5 penalty-shoot win.
The tournament, which ran over two days, looks very likely to becoming a regular event for the US based non profit and is the third event held by the foundation after the U14 and U17 outdoor football events held last Easter.
There were 12 teams from around the island involved.
“We are very happy with the success of the tournament and the support we received from our sponsors, namely Digicel, Blue Waters and Just 4 Fun Carnival Group.” said Aaron King, CEO of the Free Kick Foundation.
“It will definitely be an annual tournament and we hope to accommodate more teams next year”. He concluded.
Please check out Winnerstv for replays of the semifinal and final of the tournament.
More Sports Stories
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019
- SPL sets date for 2020 tournament December 6, 2019
- ARC+ first arrival makes landfall in Saint Lucia December 4, 2019
- West Indies name squads for upcoming T20Is and ODIs against India November 28, 2019
- ARC 2019 sets sail November 26, 2019
- Gayle, 40, takes “break” from cricket November 26, 2019
- Saint Lucian named captain of Windies U19 cricket team November 25, 2019
- Afghanistan Cricket Board XI draw with West Indies – 3rd day November 22, 2019