Share This On:
(SNO) – Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has said that reports indicate that the entire Voyager building in Castries was gutted by a huge fire on Thursday.
He said by Thursday evening no casualties were reported and the fire was eventually brought under control.
“Based on initial reports the entire Voyager building has been gutted and some nearby structures have been affected,” he stated. “My heart goes out to the business community and all who have been impacted by today’s blaze.”
He said the fire was tackled by teams of officers from the Babonneau, Gros Islet and Dennery Fire Stations.
Chastanet had high praise for the emergency response personnel from the fire department, National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO), the Fire Chief and the deputy Fire Chief who fought the blaze.
“The police also deserve our thanks for managing the traffic and pedestrians and ensuring people were brought to safe areas,” he said “They all mobilized very quickly in order to quell the fire and I have no doubt that this cooperation by all our emergency response teams saved lives.”
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM