Share This On:
A male visitor was robbed at gunpoint at Reduit beach in Gros Islet on Friday evening, Nov. 17, according to sources.
The visitor, who is reportedly in his 50s and from the United Kingdom, was unharmed, but the three masked individuals stole all his belongings as well as a blue Suzuki Swift that he rented.
The incident occurred between 10:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. at the “Ramp”. He was reportedly alone and was approached by the bandits while fishing.
It is not clear if anyone else was on the beach at the time and if all the bandits had firearms.
St. Lucia News Online (SNO) was told that this is the first time the visitor is being robbed and he is “really shaken up”.
The stolen car is described as a blue Suzuki Swift, 2013 model, registration number PJ 1264, with black rims. If seen please contact the Gros Islet Police Station 456-3830.
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM
- Police fire live ammunition, tear gas in Dominica protest (See video) December 3, 2019 4:16 PM
- Saint Lucian sculptor Jallim Eudovic to receive major Caribbean Award December 3, 2019 2:16 PM
- Botham Jean’s brother receives police award December 3, 2019 1:45 PM