Share This On:
A video has surfaced showing the bloody aftermath of a motor vehicle accident at Barre de l’Isle. (SEE VIDEO BELOW ARTICLE)
A 14-seat minibus careened off the main road, injuring at least four people, two of whom sustained serious injuries.
The authorities were alerted about the accident just before 12:30 a.m. on Monday, April 6.
In the video, two men appear to have sustained serious injuries to their arms, while persons are heard discussing what location (of the accident) to pass on to the authorities.
A senior law enforcement official told St. Lucia News Online that the two seriously injured men obtained “possible fractured bones” to the hands/arms and were transported by a Dennery ambulance to hospital.
Their current medical condition is not available.
Two others were transported by Castries ambulance. They sustained minor injuries, the official said.
The road through the Barre de l’Isle with its steep inclines and narrow bends, is known for many traffic accidents, including fatalities.
BELOW IS THE VIDEO (viewer discretion is advised)
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools