Share This On:
(SNO) — A video of a contestant in a pageant in Saint Lucia throwing away her certificate and storming off the stage crying after the winner was announced, has gone viral.
That incident occurred at the La Wen Jennes Pageant held on Sunday evening (Oct. 14) in Soufriere.
In the video, someone shouts a big “Aa” as soon as the contestant, who appears visibly upset, threw her prizes down. As she exits the stage, the crowd repeatedly shouts “hesalop, hesalop!”
The responses to the incident are mixed. Some persons who commented on the video believe that the contestant was cheated and had the right to protest in the manner she did.
“That’s sad I feel your pain, but don’t give up,” one person wrote.
“If you feel cheated on something. She damn right to walk out,” another said.
“Feel for you love. Be strong.”
However, one person in particular appeared quite upset: “To f*** be honest I was never in favour of that f*** show. Take away the youths focus and don’t tell me it won’t ok.”
Some persons were not at all pleased with the contestant’s behaviour.
“Lol… just so with the girl”; “Was it that serious?”, “Seriously… it’s just a competition SMH” were some of the comments.
Another stated: “Lord I die. Aa my girl, you know you don’t like to lose you go up for show again. Take care is me.”
“Oh my God they did not prepare the child,” another said.
Efforts by St. Lucia News Online to obtain contact information for the pageant organisers have been unsuccessful.
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM
- Jamaican Rose Hudson-Wilkin becomes Church of England’s first black female bishop November 20, 2019 2:17 AM
- Barbados hit by two days of power outages November 20, 2019 1:31 AM
- National Students’ Council elects new executive November 20, 2019 1:14 AM