Share This On:
(SNO) — Local journalist Timothy Poleon has released a 12-second video promoting his new talk show on Real FM radio.
The video starts with U.S. President Donald Trump saying “you’re fired” followed by Poleon saying “not anymore!”
It was revealed on Friday by Real FM/MBC TV that Poleon’s new talk show will begin on Monday, February 11, from 12:30 p.m.
Poleon was fired recently by Radio Caribbean International where he hosted the popular midday talk show, ‘News Spin’.
A name for his show on Real FM is expected to be decided on and revealed this weekend, a representative from Real FM told St. Lucia News Online.
SEE EARLIER STORY: Timothy Poleon joins Real FM
Award-winning veteran local journalist Timothy Poleon will commence his talk show on Real FM on Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, the radio station has announced.
Poleon was sacked by Radio Caribbean International (RCI) where he had hosted the popular midday talk show “News Spin”.
Former Saint Lucia diplomat and retired civil servant Earl Huntley has replaced Poleon who was fired about two weeks ago, allegedly in connection with his registration of a company under which he was planning to start his own radio station.
Reports are that Poleon’s employers saw this as a clear conflict of interest and Poleon allegedly would not budge on his decision.
However, Poleon has found a new family in Real FM/MBC.
The radio station confirmed this move on their Facebook page this afternoon.
“On Monday February 11th 2019, Award winning journalist Timothy Poleon will commence his talk show on REAL FM 91.3/91.55. Join us in welcoming him to the Real FM family and ask everyone to tune in for what is promised to be an exciting program line up,” it stated.
Poleon’s show will air weekdays from 12:30 to 2 p.m., according to Real FM.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM