Share This On:
If you’re a regular driver, you should know, as you should’ve been taught during driving lessons, that the sound of an emergency siren — whether it is coming from an ambulance, fire appliance, or a law enforcement vehicle — means that you should pull off the road safely and allow the vehicle to pass.
Well, one motorist seemingly ignored the siren, from Bois d’Orange all the way to Rodney Bay, in a video obtained by St. Lucia News Online (SEE VIDEO BELOW STORY).
Or was the driver inattentive?
The source of the video told St. Lucia News Online that the incident was recorded on Saturday, May 11, around 11 a.m.
“We were low on fuel and so we were heading to the station to refuel the appliance in preparation for any other emergency,” the source said, adding that is not the first time such an incident has occurred.
“This is something that we experience many times,” the source added. “In this case we took a video to show the public what we encounter when responding to emergencies.
The source said the incident was not reported to the police.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM