Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints recently made a donation of medical equipment and supplies to the Victoria Hospital.
The medical equipment is expected to assist physicians in taking better care of their patients.
Representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Elder Michael Fielden, says his organization remains committed to its humanitarian efforts and expressed hope that the medical supplies and equipment will be a blessing to the patients.
“The humanitarian arm of the church is encouraged to donate; our little grand children to donate a $1, both member and non-members have contributed to the fund because 100% of the fund is used for donation and assistance. So, we like to partner with good folks like Victoria hospital because we like to give back for the service you render here in the community and so we are very thankful for that.”
Executive Director of the Victoria hospital Brenda Calixte expressed appreciation to the church for the generous contribution which will play an integral part in providing care to Saint Lucians.
“This is not the first time we have received donation from the Church of Latter Day Saints and we are always very grateful for their consideration of us at Victoria hospital. We have today received a few small equipment and some supplies which will enhance the capacity of the staff and as well as assisting making the lives of the patients in our care more comfortable.”
The donation of medical supplies and equipment included manual and motorized trolleys, vital sign monitors, patient monitor, ECG machines, bedsheets and waiting chairs.
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM