Share This On:
(TELESUR ENGLISH) – Delegations from the Government and the Venezuelan opposition are in Santo Domingo to resume talks and sign an agreement of coexistence and peace.
The president of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, reaffirmed on Sunday that the government delegation is ready to sign the agreement of peace and coexistence with the opposition of that country.
The president confirmed that on Monday talks will resume in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, with the installation “of the dialogue table for the search for peace, to seek an agreement of understanding, of coexistence.”
“The other time we were minutes away from signing the agreement at the dialogue table, we hope that on this occasion the Venezuelan opposition delegation will reach the Dominican Republic, and have the capacity for dialogue, negotiation and understanding. I am a man of dialogue, of my word, I believe in dialogue because I believe in the Venezuelan who is an opponent,” he added.
The head of state pointed out that this comprehensive seven-point agreement will ensure “permanent dialogue, peace and democracy” in Venezuela.
On January 13, both delegations were very close to signing the final document, which includes seven points around the “celebration of presidential elections in the first half of 2018, electoral guarantees, observation in elections, repudiation against sanctions against the country , creation of a social and economic commission, commitment for the National Assembly to come out of contempt and recognition of the National Constituent Assembly (ANC), as a plenipotentiary body, ” says a note from AVN.
“Beyond severe criticism, I have the obligation to reach agreements for the peace of the country,” the president reiterated.
More International News Stories
- ‘Invisibility cloak’ straight out of Harry Potter is now a thing November 19, 2019
- Doctors warn that eyelash extensions are helping lice spread November 19, 2019
- Criminal charges expected this week against Epstein guards November 19, 2019
- New and old drugs may offer new ways to fight heart disease November 19, 2019
- Green Climate Fund expands support to more than 100 developing states November 18, 2019
- Decorated Marine veteran wrongly held by ICE will get $190K payout November 18, 2019
- Deputy tackles teen quadruple amputee in group home November 18, 2019