Share This On:
(TELESUR ENGLISH) – Venezuelan Chancellor Jorge Arreaza led the Latin American delegation, which was received by State Councilor of China Yang Jiechi.
Representatives from Venezuela and China have met on Chinese territory to discuss the strengthening of bilateral ties in a bid to advance ‘cooperation and multiculturalism.’
“We reviewed our bilateral relationship, China’s relationship with our region, and the roles of both countries in the world through cooperation and multilateralism,” the Venezuelan Foreign Ministry reported through its Twitter account.
Venezuelan Chancellor Jorge Arreaza led the Latin American delegation, which was received by State Councilor of China Yang Jiechi.
During the meeting, Jiechi said his nation is willing to further strengthen its relationship with Venezuela and stressed that, with the government of President Nicolas Maduro, the Venezuelan people have achieved new success.
The Chinese official also thanked President Maduro for his ongoing support of China’s ruling Communist Party.
Jiechi highlighted the role of Commander Hugo Chavez in China-Venezuela relations, affirming that the leader of the Bolivarian Revolution had made historical contributions to integration between the two nations.
And he firmly rejected what he called “the measures of force, as well as the application of unilateral sanctions” against Venezuela, a reference to ongoing economic heavy handedness on the part of the United States.
The White House, in a statement issued Monday by Trump, has said it will do everything in its power to contain the influence of China and Russia in Latin America.
The Trump administration has made no secret of the fact it considers Russia and China to be threats to U.S. interests in Latin America, specifically Venezuela and Cuba.
More International News Stories
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019
- US: 10-y-o girl commits suicide; police suggest she was bullied October 15, 2019