Share This On:
(SNO) – At least two people are now relieved after their stolen motor vehicles were recently recovered basically intact.
A blue Toyota Cami, which was stolen at the Live N Colour event on Pigeon Island, Gros Islet between Saturday night, July 28 and Sunday morning, July 29, was recovered around 2 a.m. on Monday in Castries city.
According to the sister of the owner, the Cami was found on a “side street” behind the Chaussée.
“They hot-wired it so [it had] damage under the steering. God was definitely on his side,” the sister said, adding that the vehicle would probably not have been found without the help of the St. Lucia News Online article.
“Many thanks to your team for putting it out there…. Someone saw your article and called. We could not have done it without you. Keep doing great work. We need more efficient media platforms like yours in St Lucia… Many thanks,” she said.
Meanwhile, another motor vehicle, which was reportedly stolen in La Clery, Castries earlier in the week, was recovered at Barnard Hill, Castries by the police on Friday morning, August 3.
A number of vehicles have been reported stolen since the start of the year. Some owners have not been so lucky as their vehicles were found scrapped of almost all parts.
- BREAKING NEWS: Entrepot Secondary to remain closed until next week Tuesday October 23, 2019 7:13 PM
- Suspects in Dennery robbery were on bail for firearm charges: sources October 23, 2019 7:09 PM
- Soufriere men charged for killing policeman’s son, attempted murder of another male October 23, 2019 6:12 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Julian Bissette leads Romanian volleyball club to victory October 23, 2019 5:09 PM
- Teenagers arrested for Dennery man’s murder October 23, 2019 12:10 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM