Share This On:
(SNO) — A vehicle belonging to Renwick & Company Ltd which was taken after an armed robbery by gunmen has been recovered.
However, it was discovered in a precipice, a company spokesperson said.
The robbery of the company’s Chocolisto sales van occurred in Jacmel on Monday, November 12.
Rhain Rivers of Renwick & Company told Caribbean Hotfm that employees were just getting ready to serve a shop when the incident took place.
“What happened is they were reversing into the driveway of the shop and the vehicle put up in front of them,” he remarked.
He added that reports of a tracking device in the vehicle being turned off is not true.
However, he stated that all the goods in the vehicle was taken and the vehicle was discovered in a precipice.
“So it was written off,” Rivers revealed.
He also commended the police for their swift action following the incident.
“And I must commend the police force, their speedy reaction to the situation,” he remarked. “I find that very good of them.”
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM