Share This On:
The workers recently participated in a secret ballot poll which was undertaken by officials from the Department of Labour.
The exercise revealed that 92.31 percent of the workers voted in favour of having their interest protected by the National Workers Union (NWU).
Following the receipt of a recognition certificate from the Department of Labour, the union has submitted to the company, the NWU’s areas of industrial concerns.
The NWU will soon have another meeting with the employees to select a shop steward.
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”