Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The United Workers Party welcomes the largest single investment in Road Rehabilitation Project as announced by Prime Minister Hon. Allen Chastanet and Minister for Infrastructure Hon. Stephenson King in September of this year.
The UWP is especially happy to note that in keeping with our manifesto promise on page 18, neglected roads across most constituencies in Saint Lucia will benefit from much needed rehabilitation interventions with the US $42 Million Programme. This major Road rehabilitation project is made possible due to the vision of our Political Leader and Prime Minister, in implementing the tax on fuel to facilitate Road rehabilitation in Saint Lucia.
Work has already commenced on the Cas En Bas road in Gros Islet, the Forestierre road, the Ti Morne road in Babonneau, Saltibus road in Choiseul and the recent commencement of the Belair road in Castries South East.
The party notes that in the coming days, major road rehabilitation work will commence in Dennery Village, Blanchard and Spring road in Micoud South and the New Development roads in Soufriere as announced by the Minster.
Upon completion of this extensive road rehabilitation project, over 82km of roads across the island would have been upgraded creating the largest road infrastructure upgrading project carried out in Saint Lucia since independence.
The UWP and its supporters again encourage the Prime Minister and his cabinet of Ministers to remain focused as they continue to expand and improve the infrastructure around the Island amidst the desperation and the propaganda being spread by the Opposition as a form of distraction in our quest of Building a New Saint Lucia.
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM